Sunday, November 30, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
- What did YOU think about the process of creating a podcast?
- How did creating and listening the podcast help you better understand (or just remember better) what we learned about Mesopotamia?
- What types of shows for our podcast would you like to create in the future? If possible give one school example and one non-school example.
If you haven't had a chance to listen to our podcast take a listen!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Have a great day,
Monday, October 13, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Over the weekend you have a chance to earn five points of extra credit in your language arts class. To receive the extra credit you will need to do the following:
Show your parents our classroom wiki page. Be sure to highlight our online writing portfolio and the extra practice math activities.
Show your parents our classroom blog. When showing off the blog take them to your favorite blog post of the year. Let them see our VoiceThread about King Tut while you're at it!
Finally, you will need to post a comment to the blog entry explaining who you chose to show the pages to and exactly what did you show them. Don't forget to explain to them our safety rules about last names!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Comparing and Ordering
Positive and negative integers
Expressing remainders three different ways
Whole numbers (5 R2)
Fractions (5 ½)
Multi-Step Word Problems
Using all four operations to solve real world problems.
By their angles
By their side lengths
Today there are two questions that I would like you to take some time to reflecting on and write about.
Which one of these math skills did you enjoy the most? What else would you like to learn about this topic?
Which one of these concepts do you do find the most difficult? Can you explain why it was difficult? What can you do to help yourself know this skill better? What can I do to help you learn this skill?
Remember to type your comments in Microsoft Word and then paste them into the blog.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Today we discussed the Egyptian theory of the after life and we learned about the process of mummification.
To help us better understand mummification please go to The Mummy Maker activity and attempt to mummify a body.
When you're finished please answer this question in your own words:
Why did the Egyptian's mummify their dead?
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Egyptian Daily Life VoiceThread
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
When you are finished recording and have uploaded the file please take the rest of class to listen to your classmates theories.
Who Killed King Tut VoiceThread
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
You will do a great job! Enjoy ...
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Reflect on these questions:
- What would you do if you were the most powerful person in the world?
- Would being the most powerful person in the world be a good thing or a bad thing? Why?
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
- What are some elements of ancient Egypt that you are looking forward to studying?
- What was something that surprised you about ancient Egypt?
- How is Egypt different than the United States? How is it similar?
- What do you think is going to be important as we study Egypt?
When you are finished blogging your answers please review your classmates answers to see what they are excited about with ancient Egypt.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
- Find and click on the comment link at the end of this post.
- Type your comment. Remember that the whole world is watching - use your best writing skills!
- Choose the Name/URL option and type your first name only (please leave the URL blank).
- Click the publish your comment button when you are ready to share your thoughts with the world!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Thursday, May 15, 2008
- What did you learn about collaboration through this project?
- What are the benefits of collaboration?
- What are difficulties of working with other people?
- Why is it important to learn to work well with others?
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
1. Designing a Coat of Arms
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Today in class you will be responsible for:
- Answering ONE question
What is FEUDALISM?
– Finding THREE facts about the Middle Ages
– Asking ONE question
Create a question about something you learned today in your exploration. Do not answer your question. Tomorrow we will answer the questions.
Please use these websites for your research:
After assignment is blogged:
Monday, March 24, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I would love to know which ancient civilization is YOUR personal favorite.
- Please vote in the poll for your favorite.
- Please take a minute and think about why that civilization is your favorite. When you have your reason (or reasons!) please blog your response.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
What do you now know about the religion you are researching that you didn't know before you started this project?
Please remember to use your best writing skills and show off to the entire world.
Thank you and have a great afternoon,
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Thank you for working so hard on our study guide project. You each did a great job working hard on the Wiki.
I have a couple of questions for you and I would like you to pick one or more to answer.
1. What questions do you still have about ancient Rome? Is anything confusing?
2. How did the wiki project help you better understand ancient Rome?
3. Can you think of other ways that this wiki tool could be used in our classroom? Math? Reading? Language Arts? Social Studies?
Please pick one (or more) of these questions and blog your response before class is over today.